- Drunken Duck – set above Ambleside, The Drunken Duck has amazing views of the Lake District fells. A personal favourite for dinner has to be the Drunken Duck sharing dish followed by the Orange and Poppy Seed Cake with Mandarin Sorbet and Chocolate Sauce!
- Gilpin Lodge Hotel Restaurant – a place where you can enjoy fine dining without any 'stuffiness'. The Gilpin Lodge Hotel is set in 22 acres of country gardens so it’s a great place for the kids to run around safely – there’s even a croquet lawn for the summer.
- Simon Rogan's - L'Enclume Restaurant – set on the riverside in the historic village of Cartmel. Simon manages to create amazing food from locally sourced and produced foods (his own 12 acre farm is located in Cartmel Valley nearby) – a great place for a treat.
- Avid walkers - be sure to tick the famous Scafell Pike off of your list, it’s worth it. Even though it is England’s highest mountain (3,209ft), the gradual climb means it is suitable for most walkers. At no mean feat, it's a 7-mile round trip but pick a sunny day and you’ll be able to see incredible panoramic views across the valley of Wasdale.
- For those interested in Mountain biking, head to Grizedale Forest. It's the largest forest in the Lake District and has a range of forest tracks to follow (as well as being completely free of traffic). If you don’t bring your bikes, you can hire them in The Grizedale Forest Shop.